Saturday, March 25, 2006




So what's the deal with the light switches here? I'm wondering if the first person to install one in the Czech Republic was a pygmy, because they are literally 2 feet off the floor. I guess they figure that if you can't find it at the top of the stairs, you'll atleast hit it with your head after rolling down to the bottom.

In addition to not being able to turn the lights on, I've got to finagle with 3 different keys to get into my room; one for the outside gate, one for the front door, and one for my room. For added security, I've put a moat around my bed because mom told me to be safe.

So yesterday I did my first bit of shopping. I was able to purchase all of the following for $8 US:


  • 2 one-liter bottles of diet coke
  • 3 bottles of Krusovice
  • 2 two-liter bottles of water
  • a bar of soap
  • 2 big bags of bacon flavored chips
  • a bottle opener
  • a small Bangladeshi slave child named Abu who makes a damn good soccer ball

Afterwards, I stopped by the school to check it out and met the course administrator, Lucie. Took a quick peek at the school's cafe:

Anyhow, don't have too much time to type today, so here's some pictures of Prague's main square. For March, there is still a decent amount of tourists here as you can tell by the pictures.


1 Comments:

Blogger TheJonesRanch said...

Wow...good to know my memory isn't failing me yet at 35 years old. Prague looks just like I remember seeing it in 1988.

You better start looking for a good chiropractor to help deal with those light switches.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home